Synk’d Xero Integration
This Guide will walk through setting up Synk’d with Xero.
➜ Synk'd Overview
The following diagram shows key data being synced and their respective integration:
➜ GETTING STARTED
To begin the integration between Synk’d and Xero follow the easy steps below.
1. Log into your Synk’d account.
2. Next select “Add Accounting Channel”.
3. Select Xero as your accounting software.
4. Once the Xero adapter is connected. Select the connect option to begin connecting your Xero account.
5. You will be navigated to a Xero login portal.
6. Enter your Xero credentials.
7. Next, select your company profile.
8. Xero is now connected and ready to use.
➜ Classing Behaviours
All posting behaviour will be dictated on “classes” within Synk’d. This will affect how inventory, customers and invoices are posted.
Below is a quick overview of what class settings will do:
Product class will help dictate if products will post departmentally or naturally to Xero.
Posting directly to Xero will place an inventory item one for one into your financials.
A Departmental Posting item allows multiple items to be allocated into a 'singular' item in your accounting system (Chart of Accounts), which will aggregate total revenue for those items.
This will allow you to track and report on types of sales from different locations.
Example; chemicals sold in store compared to chemicals sold in services.
Customer Class allows you to control how debtors will post to Xero as well as how their invoice structure will work.
i.e 7 day trading terms, batch billing customer etc.
This is a customer who will owe you money and will live directly within Xero. With the Customer Class, you will also have the ability to set trading terms, account prefix and invoice prefix.
Generic Posting is a when you will transact with a customer but they will not owe you money. You will contain their details within Synkd but not always post them directly to Xero. With this scenario, groups of customers can post to a single generic contact.
Example: John Doe → Shop counter sale.
Synk’d will read and write suppliers to and from Xero. This will give you the ability to raise Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Purchase Invoicing directly in Spenda and have this data flow directly to Xero.
Once a purchase order has been received in Spenda, you will be able to create a supplier invoice. This will flow into Xero and create a bill.
To create a Supplier Invoice follow these simple steps:
1. Log into the Spenda application.
2. On the home screen select Supplier Invoices.
3. Next, select a Purchase Order or select new to enter an invoice manually.
4. Enter the Invoice Reference, Invoice Total (inc GST) and Invoice Total Tax
5. Now select the items in the Invoice or select add item to place a new product in the invoice.
6. Add the Received Total, Billed Total, Billed Unit Cost and Unit Tax amount for each item. These can be copied directly from the suppliers provided invoice.
7. Once the invoice Total and Tax matches. You’ll be able to use accept and process an invoice.
This will create a supplier invoice and have it push directly to Xero as a bill.
➜ Video Guides
[creating supplier invoice]
Q: Why does Xero keep disconnecting?
A: Xero uses a single access token for logging in. This means if you use your normal Xero login to connect the Xero adapter, it will disconnect every time you log into Xero normally. It is recommended to use a separate Xero login for the adapter.
Q: Why can I not see my products in Xero?
A: Generally the main reason you can not see a product or posting item in Xero, is due to the item not being classed. Until a product is classed Synk’d will not know how to behave with the product.
Q: Why can I not see my customers in Xero?
A: Synk’d is designed to only post-natural debtors to Xero. If you can not see a customer within Xero, first check if the customer has been classed. Also, check if the customer has been set to a generic posting class or an accounting class.